The appointee will have responsibility for overseeing the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of raw materials which is vital to the supply chain process; management of people, processes and systems to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met.
SOME OF THE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with local and international warehousing standards, material handling and shipping regulatory requirements. Ensuring adherence to new/revised legislation, advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing, monitoring and maintaining security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage systems while ensuring FIFO/FIFE rotation is adhered to for all stock.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management or other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Three (3) years’ working experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory systems, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of food safety systems
- Good communication skills
- Team building and leadership skills