Assertively seeks out opportunities to grow the Company’s sales, distribution, collections and brand objectives in support of profitable growth and strong customer loyalty in the assigned area of responsibility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits and develops new customers in the given defined classification
- Provides service to small accounts in the respective area
- Visits assigned customers in adherence to agreed customer call plan, ensuring regular servicing of all accounts.
- Ensures attainment of business objectives for assigned accounts through the solicitation of full and comprehensive sales orders from customers.
- Merchandises in the assigned accounts.
- Plans and executes marketing activities inclusive of promotional activities in collaboration with the Marketing team as required.
- Manages the Company’s portfolio of products in accounts in order to ensure appropriate stock levels via thorough inventory counts, monitoring stock rotations, and identification and minimization of bad goods.
- Follows up and communicates to relevant back office support regarding the delivery of products to customers as per customer request and Company guidelines. Reconciles customer problems and provides ongoing after sales support; liaising with back-office support departments as necessary and required
- Manages accounts receivable for assigned accounts, ensuring adherence to established company policies and standards with regard to credit limits, payments and collections
- Prepares monthly reports of business transactions and activities (including competitive information) in assigned accounts, as per defined format.
- Establishes and maintains professional, positive, mutually beneficial relationships with customers within assigned area
- Attends related promotional activities in the assigned stores/area, meetings and training sessions as required
- Observes and maintains strict adherence to established health and safety policies and practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Performance will be assessed by the degree of success achieved in meeting the objectives outlined above and demonstrating or executing the following, to include:
- All orders received are placed using the Tablet and the relevant reports generated 100%
- Accounts receivable for assigned customers is maintained at a minimum of 95% with cash and cheques being collected within the stipulated credit period at all times
- All collections are reported using the relevant documents and forms 100%
- Spoilage / bad goods are always identified and arrangements made for collection from the customer following the established procedure i.e. use of relevant documents and forms 100%
- Proper stock rotation … “First to expiry First out” (FEFO) method is practiced at all times, eliminating the occurrence of product out of date / spoilage
- Marketing and promotional activities are effectively executed 100% of the times
- Customer concerns are resolved in accordance with agreed company guidelines and within timeframe
- Effective customer service and communication skills are consistently demonstrated in dealing with customers 100%
- Full compliance with company regulations (100%).
- Certificate or diploma in Marketing, Business Administration or Sales Management or any other related discipline
- Strong Merchandising and Sales experience in a similar position or environment including merchandising and promotions
REQUIRED SKILLS, BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES
- Sound knowledge of selling techniques, principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze data, solve problems and exercise good judgment
- Ability to work on own initiative and focus on details
- Ability to plan, organize , coordinate activities
- Strong time management
- High level of confidentiality
- Unquestionable integrity
- Methodical, businesslike, meticulous, honest, self-assured and self-motivated
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / PERMITS
- Owns and operates a reliable motor vehicle and holds a valid driver’s license.
Work consists of somewhat difficult tasks with several choices from among a wide range of procedures and requires the use of moderate judgment, analysis of facts, examination of circumstances in deciding the appropriate action to be taken within the limits of policies and standard practice.
Work is performed under light supervision with only occasional general supervision. Work proceeds based on policies and general objectives.
Contacts are mostly with administrative and/or supervisory staff in other departments. Consists mostly of discussions dealing with serous, controversial subjects requiring tact to avoid friction and obtain cooperation; requires thought, judgement and close cooperation.
Internal: Customer Service Representatives, Credit Officers, Category Manager, Merchandisers, Purchasing Manager, Sales Manager, Promotions Manager, Marketing Officer, Warehouse personnel
External: Customers and consumers
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
Work involves constant standing, walking, carrying, talking, handling occasional pushing, climbing and lifting of materials and products up to 40 lbs and over.
The incumbent will be required to work outside normal working hours and sometimes on weekends. The job involves frequently traveling on the road as the incumbent may be responsible for a large sales area.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The job includes exposure to frequent temperature changes, dust and occasional loud noise. May require the use of safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment – PPE) to include but not limited to; safety glasses/goggles, gloves, and safety boots/shoes.
The job holder must therefore be able to comfortably wear the Personal Protective Equipment necessary to safely carry out the job function.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND DOCUMENTS USED FOR THE JOB
Motor vehicle, computer, tablet mobile telephone, merchandising kit/tools, cleaning materials
Procedural documents, company records, quality standards, reports and memos, related brand documents and samples, POS/ promotional material
Application together with a detailed résumé should be submitted by Friday, July 27th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resource Manager. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.