VACANCY – QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER
To establish and implement the necessary controls to reduce variation in process control parameters that are critical to food quality and safety, in conjunction with the Food Safety Officer. The scope includes supplier selection; reception and storage of raw materials; handling of raw materials and their transformation into finished products; storage and dispatch of finished products; and customer satisfaction.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Develop and implement the procedures and activities in the Quality Management Plan (SOPs, QMS, Process flows etc.)
- Ensure that specified quality is achieved in the finished products by verifying quality on-line during reception, storage, production as it relates to processing parameters, recipe, raw material, semi-finished and finished products.
- Conduct routine audits of the quality monitoring scheme (QMS) to ensure continued relevance and accuracy
- Supervise and ensure relevant quality control checks are performed and accurately documented during the production shift
- Implement statistical process control (SPC) on critical variables for quality control
- Stop the production processes if deviations in critical parameters for quality and/or food safety are detected. Authorizes production to continue when the root cause of the deviation has been found and eliminated/controlled
- Provide the QAM with timely reports regarding quality and/or food safety non-conformances of processes, products and services, as well as those related to root cause analysis, quality trends, deviations in regulatory issues and detected opportunities for improvement
- Communicate quality control information to relevant departments
- Assist with the management of customer complaints through timely investigation, root cause analysis, database management/trend analysis and report writing
- Assist with the management of returned goods (with quality defects) through timely inspection, investigation, root cause analysis, database management/trend analysis and report writing
- Participate in the development of product specifications
- Implement Quality Control training programs
- Participate in HACCP studies
- Evaluate trends and review on-line quality results for opportunities in continuous improvement
- Participate in Food Safety and S. H. E. Programmes as specified by the company
- Assist with management of time and attendance for personnel who are monitoring online quality checks. This includes but is not limited to approval of timesheets, processing payroll and prepare employee’s work schedule
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. in Applied Chemistry or related discipline.
- Two (2) years working experience in positions related to quality control in fats and oils manufacturing plants or (4) years in other food manufacturing plants.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good analytic skills
- Meticulous and detailed-oriented
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or on this website. Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday March 25, 2022. We thank all interested applicants. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.