With over 75 years of experience, Seprod is still a company brimming with potential. We traversed our history wisely; gathering our experiences, amassing resources, educating our people, investing in our technologies and honing our strategies.
At J$36B in annual revenue, we are already the largest food company in the English speaking Caribbean, employing over 1500 with markets in 18 countries around the globe.
Our history speaks to an evolution of growth and a pioneering spirit. Our journey has its beginnings in the coconut industry and, along the way, has grown to span nine diverse food subsidiaries in Jamaica, Trinidad, Dominica Republic, Guyana, Barbados and Cayman Islands.
For almost a century, Seprod has been on a path to global recognition all the while remaining true to a vision to provide top quality, affordable food products to nations across the globe and we remain committed to this ideal.
It is this shared vision that brings the Seprod family together and which sets us apart.
Our people are our greatest asset – they make the difference. It is their dedication that fuels our growth and makes good on our promise to create value for our customers and shareholders. For this reason we invest in their careers and their professional growth in the hope that they will continue to exceed the expectations of our customers and contribute to their greater communities.
We actively invest in the employment and employability of our nation’s youth through our scholarship and internship programmes which see the company employing graduates from graduates UWI, UTECH, CASE and the Maritime Institute. Our young people are talented and ambitious and we believe in giving them the opportunity to prove it.
The Seprod Group of Companies has been part of the Jamaican economic landscape since 1940. Today, we beam with pride knowing that our range of iconic Jamaican brands has created employment for over 1500 persons and generated annual revenues in excess of JMD $36B.
The SEPROD commitment is clear-cut. As the nation’s leading food manufacturer, we commit to charting a course that radiates positively on the Jamaican economy and positions us on a path of globalization.
- Commit to providing quality products at reasonable prices to our customers; and promoting a culture of food quality and safety, complemented by a healthy respect for the environment
- Commit to maintaining a good return on investment to our shareholders and continue to pursue growth through innovation and acquisition to exponentially grow our exports and engage aggressively in import substitution
- Commit to investing in our people so they are endowed with the right skills and agility to perform
- Commit to performing the role of a good corporate citizen and contributing to the public welfare. We will give back! Our communities provide us with our staff, our consumers, our livelihoods, our nation’s future; we will nurture them.
Received JMEA Governor General Award for Manufacturer of the Year
Launched Supligen Cookies and Cream, and Supligen Coffee
Launched Gold Seal Cassava Flour
Acquired Facey Consumer and Pharmaceutical
JMEA Legacy Award
Launched Gold Seal Flour
Launched Serge 0% Fat Milk
Received the following Awards:
- Prime Minister’s Award for Large Champion Exporter
- Governor General’s Award for Exporter of the Year
- Governor General’s Award for Manufacturer of the Year
Launched Seprod Irish Moss
Launched Betty Full Cream and Low Fat Milk
Received JMEA Champion Exporter Award
Seprod Opens State of the Art Multi-Grain Milling Operation
The Rebranding of Serge