The incumbent will have overall responsibility for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications and peripherals; develop a strategy and road map to align multiple systems coherently for effective execution and functioning; develop and implement all IT policies and procedures for architecture, security, standards, purchasing and service provision
Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Understand the technical architecture and functional flow of existing applications and suggest improvements in flows and processes.
- Perform upgrades & consolidation of the Company’s entire IT system
- Utilize technology to assist the Company in converting data to decision making
- Improve the use technology to drive sales and improved customer service.
- Plans, directs, organizes, executes, and evaluates the Company’s overall information technology (IT) activities
- Serves as the liaison between Profit Centres, departments and external vendors/providers of IT services
- Participate in strategic planning, financial, and business process reengineering that can be used to make informed decisions
- Manage internal and external user /department expectation by timely resolutions and conducting regular review meetings on applications
- Evaluate new systems/products/vendor offering that can add value or provide effective alternatives to existing applications
- Works with the relevant senior managers to plan, develop, and implement programs, policies and practices pertaining to information technology
- Managing information technology team members results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Provide regular reporting and tracking of services to ensure insight, effectiveness, and compliance with standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Five (5) years’ experience in senior management position.
- PMP certified.
- Track record of leading and managing complex IT infrastructures.
- Experience working in an FMCG/Retail/Manufacturing environment.
- Own and operate a reliable motor vehicle.
- Strong project management skills, including the leadership and management of cross-functional initiatives
- Strong strategic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and business presentation skills.
- Highly organized, motivated and a collaborative team leader.